Friday, March 4, 2011

5% Tax, 10% Service Charge, 100% Stupidity

KFC and McDonald

As informed by my friend (a hotelier), the 10% service charge is only imposed if you dine-in at the outlet. If you do take-away, you won't be charge the 10%. His reasoning is that, when you dine-in the staffs will have to serve you the food, entertain whenever you call to ask for chilli sauce/tomato sauce/pepper/tissue/whatnot. Whereas when you do take-away, they just prepare your food and off you go.

Got once at secret recipe, the service so poor that my friend complain to the manager. Some more got the service charge, my friend taruh the manager, ask him better educate your staff. No service at all, if I educate your staff you better pay me some service charge as well. Luckly he apologize.
I just wondering how they categorize to charge 5% or 10% or even 15%. It is up to their management or there is any guideline. If not it is not fair to consumer.


i get super irritated with the service charge more than the government tax.
For example, OLD TOWN. We have to write everything we want down. Those workers only come and collect the bill. When we want to pay, some will even ask us to walk over to the counter to pay ourselves. Get my point? Why do they impose a 10% service charge when they did not even serve us?

No comments:

Post a Comment